Illegal grow in castiac

SocalAL

Apr 13, 2017
Anaheim
Just a quick post .

Was hunting in castiac last weekend, about 5 miles in cut a good game trail leading to what looked like an acorn tree. Followed the trail to those trees an came up on a grow field , waterlines , generators, the hole shibang.. found a scare owl they had used for ranging the entrance in at about 100 ft from a fully camo'd an brushed in hide. Pumped with about 20-30 rounds of .223, reported it to the rangers but fuck my buddy n I where lucky. Bottom line , be safe out there guys an hunt with someone u trust in high stress situations.

-AL

That sucks. Low lifes stealing water and public land. At least you were armed and could’ve protected yourself if necessary.

Reactions: SocalAL
That sucks. Low lifes stealing water and public land. At least you were armed and could’ve protected yourself if necessary.

Ya we definitely got lucky. My buddy n I decided we aren't going back in that country without our sidearms/ extra rounds just in case. Was super happy I brought slugs with me that day , but still felt naked without at least a pistol on my side.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu