Interesting in San Elijo

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Went to an end of the year pool party last night in San Elijo. The house backs up to a canyon, which down to the bottom is the Harmony Grove/Elfin Forrest area. There are people with animals of all sorts down there, so it could explain it. Or, maybe she made her way down from the east side of Poway, or up east of the Wild Animal park, where I know they exist. Whatever reason, the wife looked outside and saw this the other day.......

IMG957364.jpg

She does have a chicken coup in the yard, so I am guessing this hen decided to come take a look. Seriously odd though, she's 15 miles as the turkey flies from anywhere that I know of that has turkeys......

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Great picture Sean.......This is what happens when you have a wide dispersal of water and a wet spring.....I have had calls from or reports from Rancho Bernardo, Vail lake, Barrett Junction, Escondido, Bonsal, Eagle Crest GC, Ocotillo Wells, and Butterfield this spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vermonster
Ha that's cool. Pretty amazing how far those guys will go. I assume it was traveling the San Pasqual-Hodges corridor, so it'd be pretty cool to start seeing birds at the lake there. You'd be surprised how many people I talk to still don't know there are wild turkeys in SD County.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu