ISO/wtb video camera

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
I want to start filming some hunts, and am looking for a camera system. I will also take advice and suggestions as to what camera you suggest.

Not one camera does it all. For example if you look at you tube and check out a video that has been done with one go pro it gets tiring seeing the same field of view and perspective. Multiple camera angles, zoomed in/out will give you more footage to work with for editing.

I would take a compact digital cam such as a sony nex and take stills and videos with it. Go pros would be for the close action shots. As the hunt goes just keep moving the cameras around you.

If I were to take only one it would be the digital camera with lots of batteries. Also if you can mount the camera to your spotting scope or binoculars would be a plus.

Heres a sample video with both digital cam (sony nex) and go pro used:

This video was done with one go pro and other than who's directly in front of you, you really can't tell whats going on past 20 feet.

This video taken with dig cam and some clips from phone.

I have found Sony cameras to be somewhat of a pain with their proprietary software and docking stations.

Thank you that is good to know I'm looking for the main camera first then I will get a go pro or something similar and then go from there

I have no idea but a few low passes over the closed zone at Wister and you should be able to get a hell of a lot of goose hunting video. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu