It is Time......Trump 2016

The real problem with the EC is all states but Maine & Nebraska are winner take all. ME & NE is done by congressional districts that would stop the big cities from so much power in the EC.

MJB said:
The real problem with the EC is all states but Maine & Nebraska are winner take all. ME & NE is done by congressional districts that would stop the big cities from so much power in the EC.

I agree with that. just because you win 50.5% of the state, shouldn't mean you get the entire college.

ilovesprig said:
That is exactly what has happened though.....A few large populated states are controlling the election (Cali, NY, Illinois, etc).....And in those states, one or 2 cities are controlling them (LA, SF, NY, CHI)....It really comes down nowadays to Ohio, Florida, and maybe Pennsylvania.

Obummers win by county, nation wide.....Oh, he's in the blue!

Exactly and just imagine if we went only by a straight up popular vote like was earlier mentioned. Wow you think those major cities have influence now, it would be nothing compared to what they would have. The point you just made was the same one I made about the mention of it should only be a straight popular vote. If we did that those major cities you mentioned would just control everything.

I agree Mark, its BS and that is why earlier I stated "supposed to" because their are definitely problems with the way they are setup now. But a straight popular vote is not the way to go imo. I think all states should adopt the same policy of Neb but that is only my opinion.

Congressional EC is way better than the other two options.....I only hope that Trump tackles election reform quickly.

Yup Mark exactly, you know I am on the same page with you as we have talked about it before. All we can do for now is make sure we do our part and show up (vote).

Michael951 said:
Yup Mark exactly, you know I am on the same page with you as we have talked about it before. All we can do for now is make sure we do our part and show up (vote).

Amen to that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu