iv farms and ground squirrel

briantb

Feb 3, 2014
so cal
Anyone know if ground squirrel are a problem in the spring like the fields up north....

Would be a blast to head up to Cedarville for the squirrel shootout but 12 hour drive from so cal...ugg

c523e25d3a444f43627827c26d0d1813.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I may take you up on that if you want to go mid April or so, weather is much better then and they shoot till July out there

I have info on a ranch that gives out permits

I love shooting ground squirrels. And this sounds like a cool event, but a long way to go to bet on the come line ( getting permission on private prop).

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I went a few times years ago and honestly wasn't that comfortable hunting around so many people. Lol It was a zoo of crazy
That's what I heard too about the event, have you ever hunted alturas in April. .?

The guys I have talked to say it's nothing to shoot a couple hundred a day

Last edited:
I'd pay good money just to have a fun day like that. I had a few local spots that you could get 10-20 a day but they dried up with the drought.

Thanks for the info. Too far for me to go for squirrels, but a really nice outreach program.

So, I guess it's safe to say that the iv don't have a squirrel problem. .?

The IV is a desert that really doesn't have many ground squirrels.....Just these little chipmunk type things that are probably protected.

.051.JPG

The IV is a desert that really doesn't have many ground squirrels.....Just these little chipmunk type things that are probably protected.

.View attachment 29711
Hey wasn't that guy in The Lion King?

I've never seen many squirrels in the IV. Maybe the south edge of the SJV would be closest for volume. Not sure

6 hours away in AZ for prairie dogs but not until August-Sept.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu