IV quick afternoon hunt

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

IMG_4859.JPG IMG_4860.JPG IMG_4863.JPG IMG_4864.JPG IMG_4867.JPG IMG_4869.PNG Sup Guys, Finally got out to chase whatever was in season Saturday afternoon. I started with yotes.... I missed at a running yote at about 250 yards in middle of dirt field and then he went down into river bottom.

Saw another yote near a ranch just relaxing in alfalfa field but I was en-route home already and didn't have enough time to find ranch owner for permission, that yote is still a pending kill I hope.

Then I found these badly field dressed gallo remains, looks like the idiots only ripped the breast out and left the rest. I counted 6 roosters. I'm pretty sure the farmer will be delighted to see that mess in the morning. Going to call game warden Rodney in the morning and let him know location.

no quail, no ducks, no bobcats seen.

What a mess!! I believe the law with birds that you need to keep evidence of what it is. I have come across dove / turkey like that in San Diego and just makes me shake my head.

Hit IV yesterday with my son. He was drawn for a pheasant hunt near Temecula...but, it was cancelled due to local wild fires???
We didn’t fire a shot. I couldn’t find doves or pheasants. Kicked up 6 mallards in a canal. Unfortunately, I was too close when I found them and they spooked.
We should’ve stopped @ plaster city.
Jack had fun exploring a cave in McCain Valley on the way home!

2098156189f8d55357ef3027988f794e.jpg

Rick,

The looks of those pheasants look like pen raised.....If you were near Seeley, then there probably from Mendel Woodland's pheasant club.....Actually, the law states the head, identifiable wing, or leg need to be attached. And if it's a pen raised, a tag on the leg.

Coyotes I'm sure are cleaning up the remains.

Rick,

The looks of those pheasants look like pen raised.....If you were near Seeley, then there probably from Mendel Woodland's pheasant club.....Actually, the law states the head, identifiable wing, or leg need to be attached. And if it's a pen raised, a tag on the leg.

Coyotes I'm sure are cleaning up the remains.

Steve,

I wonder.... if they are pen raised and only place near Seeley is that club, can they be linked and maybe warned about the members wasting meat?

Crap... I should of waited a few days and see if someone post up a report on the forums..lol..

Sir, is it the short rooster tails that give it away that it is pen raised? How can you tell? That's the only thing my untrained eyes could notice. But then I've never seen a pen raised rooster other than at the local fair.

.IMG_4874.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,

Yes, the short to non existent tail and blue back.....The coyotes or some other bird or animal have found these scattered remains.....Simply breasting in the field, then taking them home is no bueno.

I suppose they could even be birds that have died in pens, but I don't think so.

I put out a cam down by the river to try and catch the mt. lion that my buddy saw but only caught a few other critters.... a few coon and a battle scared rabbit...

Attachments

• IMG_4922.JPG
    IMG_4922.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4923.JPG
    IMG_4923.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 53523499335__B6B4C682-9092-4F12-A06D-D37335A45F6C.JPG
    53523499335__B6B4C682-9092-4F12-A06D-D37335A45F6C.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
That rabbit has been chewed on a few times......damn

Great pics

How close are those coons to deep water? I need to get the dogs out before the season closes.

Not much of a tail feather I'd say pen

That rabbit has been chewed on a few times......damn

Great pics

How close are those coons to deep water? I need to get the dogs out before the season closes.

Not much of a tail feather I'd say pen

They have a lake and a few drainage ditches all within 30 yards to themselves . Here is quick pic. Let me know if you want to scout area. There is a nice ridge next to this water area I am thinking of doing a night hunt and maybe flash spotlight down and catch them on the run.

I've seen a truck with some hounds before when I fished that pond, I always figured the man was coon hunting.

Attachments

• coon.png
    coon.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu