IV today

SpoonySmacker

Dec 2, 2015
Well, made it out to the valley at 6 AM just in time to get to a spot I scouted out the last two weeks after duck hunting and poof! Field turned to dirt! No doves in sight. After that was a bust I had to run and gun to try to find a spot that maybe had potential. Ended up being a bust. Shot two by 8 and then got another out looking by one of the canals when heading home. Found some birds that were on private fields sitting next to public and they didn’t want to swing over. Did a lot of scouting today and didn’t see much around honestly. Maybe just looking in the wrong places? Started on the west side off the 111, looped down south of the 8, then east of Calexico and then back north. Saw a few guys hunting around the valley. A lot of the good areas seemed to be posted quite heavily from what I saw today. I was mainly hunting the Ag. fields. Really trying to figure out this dove game out here so I can get my girlfriend on a good shoot. There’s still time....

Drive and glass see birds box the area find the roost & feed.
The hunt for dove is to find them.... after that it's a shoot
Question for you then.... do you prefer to hunt the roost or the feed area? I have both types of spots scouted out, but see more in the feed area. Just curious.

Almost always the feed or water areas.....The roosts are normally two different spots.....Daytime roosts can be pretty good, but normally it's more of a jump shoot thing, unless you're there 1st.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu