Jack's 1st dove opener

DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
I was fortunate to hunt with my longtime friend Brian today. Brian limited early. While I was struggling. My 11 year old son (Jack) was really struggling. Brian pulled him aside and helped show him the pattern of his gun. Jack is left eye dominant. He helped him with that too. He set him up in the right place for success. Jack ended up with 7 doves and asking me if we can go to IV on Sunday.

I scratched out a limit. Doesn't matter though. My boy has the bug. That's what matters!!

I was fortunate to hunt with my longtime friend Brian today. Brian limited early. While I was struggling. My 11 year old son (Jack) was really struggling. Brian pulled him aside and helped show him the pattern of his gun. Jack is left eye dominant. He helped him with that too. He set him up in the right place for success. Jack ended up with 7 doves and asking me if we can go to IV on Sunday.

I scratched out a limit. Doesn't matter though. My boy has the bug. That's what matters!!

Was my pleasure. The look on his face and the excitement in his voice was priceless! Jack definitely has the bug. Can't believe he stayed out in that heat. Now we gotta get Nick hooked.

That Brian is an OK guy.

Way to take out the kid! More than a few dads hole up in their motel room and drink away the weekend. Both of you are lucky men.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
My kid isn't too savy or does she have the arm strength for me to allow her to manuever the shotgun but she loves to go out and hunt with me and our Lab. When i kennel the dog she turns into my bird dog. Happy Hunting

Phil congrats to you and Jack. It's nice to have a built in hunting buddy for life.
Great going DAD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu