Just moved to San Diego from AK, want to take my bow for a walk

Chadwick

Walk softly and carry a bent stick
Nov 23, 2014
Fairbanks
www.primalbows.com
I moved to Encinitas with my lovely bride last month, and I'm yearning to do some hiking/seeking. I make and hunt with wooden bows and arrows, so you know I don't expect a full game bag very often. I'm rich on time, poor on funding and information. Can any like-minded folks show me the way?
Thank you!
Michael Chadwick

Woukd love to see some of the bows you have made!!!!

Welcome to the site

I'm trying to start a business of selling self bows --- don't want to post a bunch here without checking to see if 'advertising' is allowable. Instead I posted a picture of me with a moose I got with one of my yew bows, and me from 16 years ago when I first started guiding for black bears over bait.
Thank you for the words of welcome! I think I'll also post in the Newbie page.

Attachments

• Moose Down with Yew.jpg
    Moose Down with Yew.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 206
  • BBaitSign.jpg
    BBaitSign.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 202
By 'be careful', do you mean 'follow the law'? Believe me, I'm always in compliance with the law. Many of my hunting clients have felt put-out when I insisted on following the law, such as not killing same day airborne, not hunting out-of-season animals, etc. In the areas where I've guided for moose, all quarters and rib cage must be hauled out.. no boning in the field. That one makes for extra miles of pack loads. However, when law violations can impact my Master Guide employer (Stan), there's no room for grey areas.

Still hoping to get out and do some critter chasing. The need to earn income seems to interrupt my desire to hunt locally! Maybe someone can take me hiking/exploring after the new year, or point me in a direction where I can work these legs.
Be well, and happy holidays.

Better question is, why would someone move to Southern California from Alaska???? Seems backwards to me! Most peoole I know can't wait to get the hell out!

Of course I moved here so that I could work a lot harder for less meat in the freezer. I've seen awesome dedication from the hunters posting on this site; you guys really put on the miles & hours!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu