Just Signed Up to the Board

cattledog04

Sep 12, 2017
Good Evening,
Just joined the board today and this is my first post. I used to hunt upland game birds around my area when I was about 12, now at 42 and my son and I are getting back into it. So basically, I'm totally new to hunting as it has been so long. My main priority is to fill my freezer for my family and to eat some good food, second is the "hunt" and being in nature. Last year some family and I went on a guided hunt in New Mexico for some cow elk. Luckily we all came back with some meat (mine was the biggest, that's the jab I tell everyone. Lol). This year we drew tags for D19, which I know gets crowded but we are on our own with this one. I am excited and look forward to the challenge. We aren't afraid to get away and hike back in where ever we decide. Hoping for the best. I know some people don't like to share their spots, but if anyone has any pointers for that area that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I'm in Murrieta. Going to be around the lower Idyllwild area looking for my first Mule Deer.

I've been scouting a couple areas, and HOPEFULLY the places I found are successful. Wife and I hiked out to one yesterday to set up a game camera. Ill post some news on the results on the camera in a week or so.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu