Kid's first Kokanee Trip! Won't be the last...

HunterMcBuckKiller

Oct 20, 2020
Polk County, OR
Man what a Sunday!!!
For those that don't know, Kokanee is the landlocked version of Sockeye Salmon.
These girls were killing it starting at 6am yesterday, After a short trip out to the fishing hole we dropped lines in about 300' of water and started trolling at a depth of 60'
After about 5 min of lines in the water the bite started. The look on their faces made it all worth wile. Perfectly fun fighting fish for the kiddos.
We had about an hour of no bites but that did not stop the determination of these two fishing princesses.
I cant take credit for any of these fish, it was all them.
After 6 hours on the water we came home with 22 fish!!! 20 Kokanee and 2 rainbows.
Man those Kokanee are GOOD tasting fish!!!
Proudest moment was when the oldest volunteered to gut them all!!

Cant really put into words how proud I am of these 2.

If you are ever in the top 1/3rd of Oregon and looking for an awesome summer fishing trip, look up Next Level Guide service and Kevin will get you on the fish!

IMG_1731.JPGIMG_1724.JPG
IMG_5851.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 5
Outstanding! Made me a little heartsick for when my girls were that age. Those memories will last forever and my girls are married and in their 20's now and still fish with me! Great stuff...

Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu