Kids fishing trips

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
I finally got to go and take my oldest boy on his first Sierra trip. We fished a number of different spot including bishop creek, convict lake/creek, and Rock Creek lake. On our first day we got set up below Intake 2 on bishop creek and my boy managed to pull two nice Brown Trout out of the river while I only got a couple of small rainbows. On the second day we switched to convict lake and pulled limits out of the creek and got to check out the Hot Creek hatchery where my boy went nuts feeding the trout. On the last day we stopped by Rock creek lake and pulled another limit out using trout jigs in about a hour. It was a awesome trip and we got to see a bunch of different places on our way. Now my kid cant wait to go again so I think I might have to plan another trip before the hunting season starts.

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19
And some rainbows and a stop at Manzanar.

Attachments

• 109.JPG
    109.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
A crazy beaver we found in bishop creek and a overly hungry deer that I almost thought about making into dinner.

Attachments

• 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    833.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 116.JPG
    116.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 20
Thanks! It was a absolute blast. I recommend all parents take their kids at least once a year to experience the sierras.

Matagi, way to go!!!
Taking your kids fishing and hunting is one of the greatest things about being a dad :)

Thanks guys! My oldest son Yusuke has been going fishing and hunting with me when he was just about a year and a half. His first encounter was with a group of rowdy jakes that scared the crap out of him when they gobbled at my calls. Now I have my second boy Yuji who just went on his first fishing trip this past weekend so I will post up pics of that. Both boys would rather be out hunting and fishing and I'm pretty confident that both boys will grow up to be good stewards and continue the tradition of hunting and fishing as they grow up. Only problem is I need to make sure I make enough money to support all three of our addiction...

Matagi said:
Thanks! It was a absolute blast. I recommend all parents take their kids at least once a year to experience the sierras.

I try, kids love it up there, congrats.

Wow! I have stood in that exact same spot and caught fish when I was a kid. That was weird seeing those pic's and remembering back.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu