Killed my first elk on Monday...

fraginator

Nov 20, 2013
Oak Hills
Not exactly how I envisioned it. Was not able to safely get pics of the elk but it was a stunning mature bull with massive antlers.

Tried to see if I could salvage the animal but Nevada won't allow. Such a waste.

b02d69270e03a636019bbf0636cdb7e5.jpg479c3940dce0fe8905f275ceccbc7f08.jpg

Glad your okay. Bummer you couldn't keep it. My neighbor hit a bull a mile from our house... 13 kids, they ate it and now he is up on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: fraginator
Good thing ur safe. I can imagine the horror. Was looking for a good story and that took a complete 180

That hundai looks like a good elk caliber. I think one of the stupidest rules some states have is not allowing people to take road kill.
Glad you walked away unscathed.

Haha, I hear most guys recommend at least a GMC for that kind of hunting. Agreed, such a waste. I'm more frustrated about that then I am about the whole incident.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu