Lake Hodges Opener 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Cold and blustery makes for a really slow bite.....Saw one fish caught....Plus the one I lost at the boat and Jim got a dink.....Normally, I like fishing the beach super slow and in the brush & rock with Senkos….Tough to do in a boat that's moving and wind that is blowing.

The lake has come up a lot and looks great for a later bite....Oh, I did get a pretty nice crappie.....lol

.007.JPG018.JPG013.JPG

toad crappie!
You guys remember maybe 20+ yrs back when the hodges dam was overflowing for what seemed like months?

Good effort Steve. I had a feeling it would be really tough today. But you did nail a 4-taco crappie!

You will probably never see Hodges overflow again. Several years ago they laid a pipeline to Olivenhein to pump water to that reservoir. Great to see the back water towards I-15 filled that's a great spawning area. P.s I know where you caught the crappie...

Nice job on the crappie. Took the day off and I went to Dixon chasing catfish and got skunked it was a chilly morning glad I wore my base layer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will probably never see Hodges overflow again. Several years ago they laid a pipeline to Olivenhein to pump water to that reservoir. Great to see the back water towards I-15 filled that's a great spawning area. P.s I know where you caught the crappie...

Fred,

As long as the water inflow stays thru the spring....The spawn should be good....The last couple years recruitment has been really good.

ps.....Always a go to spot.....;)

Back