Last Week-End of Duck Season.

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
How did it go guys?.......I hunted Wister yesterday and had a limit by 9:00 am......Including probably my last 2 pintail limit for a while.

Today, I hunted my friends duck club with Jacob.....Pretty slow, but with about an hour to go. Somebody turned on the faucet.....Now on to turkey season.....;)

.040.JPG 052.JPG 054.JPG 067.JPG 084.JPG

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Great way to end the season Steve. Looking forward to the Super Bowl party.

Great way to end the season. My buddy got in at Barrett and I was supposed to go but my car broke down so I ended the duck season waiting on AAA and waiting to see how much of a hit that will be.

as expected in the private area off the refuge for me was ok, my damn shells had holes right where the bird was flying, lol. ended up with 2 on saturday, the birds for some reason don't like the pond any more, Sunday for me was a bit better. captain put me in his area did better ended up with 5. all and all a good season. now skywalker was on fire. limits for him limits for his dog limits for captain. lol. captain said he is heading to Alaska, im sure going to miss his stories about commercial fishing.

Great season! Steve thank you for all the help this year. Putting the decoys away and getting ready for turkeys now.

Great pics as usual Steve! Looks like a couple great hunts to end the season, and that video of the snow geese is awesome! Would love to see that. I had a couple unique hunts to close out the season. Found the mallard hole on Friday... must've jumped 30 different pairs out of it while setting up. Came back saturday morning ready to pass on everything but greenheads. Pushed a ton of mallards out of the timber on my way in... and.... they never came back. Passed on teal for about 30 min before I couldn't take it anymore. Reminded me of hunting wood ducks back home... fast, furious, and allot of shots taken through branches. Once I started shooting, was done in a little over 45 min. Can't complain. Definitely a fun hunt.
IMG_8055 (1).JPG

Great pics as usual Steve! Looks like a couple great hunts to end the season, and that video of the snow geese is awesome! Would love to see that. I had a couple unique hunts to close out the season. Found the mallard hole on Friday... must've jumped 30 different pairs out of it while setting up. Came back saturday morning ready to pass on everything but greenheads. Pushed a ton of mallards out of the timber on my way in... and.... they never came back. Passed on teal for about 30 min before I couldn't take it anymore. Reminded me of hunting wood ducks back home... fast, furious, and allot of shots taken through branches. Once I started shooting, was done in a little over 45 min. Can't complain. Definitely a fun hunt.
View attachment 29569
C'mon Tom. You know as soon as you shoot that last teal the Mallards start dumping back in. It is like they send in the Kamikaze teal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ended the weekend with my first 2 ducks ever! Found a spot in the mountains where ducks hang out. Was hoping for more but got stuck on an ice patch and almost didn't get out.

.IMG_1148.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
i just want you all to know i will be thinking of you while i go duck hunting this weekend :)

Tom,

That is a great pictures in the woods.

bk,

Congrats on your 1st ducks.....Certainly got the right kind.....Is your shotgun a Rem 11-48?

Bill,

Best part of Mexico, when I used to hunt it.....Good luck

Oh, I'll be thinking of you at the Super Bowl Party......lol

Yes my shotgun is an 11-48. It is older than I am and works better.

Very cool......Mine was made in in 1954.....16 gauge and because it had a modified barrel, I used it all season for pheasant....Finding steel for them is no easy task though.

.010.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu