Lead free ammo

G

Goyaałé

Is it required to hunt coyotes? if so where can i get some? I'm looking for the cheap stuff.. getting H.L. in January. I want to hunt some coyotes. and keep the furs. Has anyone ever ate coyote?

Not required UNLESS your on a state wildlife area, preserve, federal refuge, or the condor zone.

I've never ate a dog......Well, that I know of......lol

Reactions: Goyaałé
@ilovesprig I don't know what is preserve or refuge or condor. jajajaja. i guess i need an apprenticeship or something of the sort jajajjaa. @longbowhunter2 i ask because i would like to use every part of the animal i kill. Maybe coyote isn't that one of the use everything animals jajaja.... My grandmother and her brother ate coyote on ther way here, but that's a different story. jajaja

I had an extractor issue woth my ar but i think i got it worked out

@SurfNHuntSD thanks man great video... My greatgrand mother and her two childern ate coyote all the way here from the sonora desert. Then again Apache ate almost anything. i think i'll try some eventually...

You DO need to use lead free with a shotgun statewide, but you have until 2019 for Rifles. It's a $500 fine. You can send me a message with the general area you're hunting and I can check the onX maps overlay if it's a California condor bird habitat zone which is generally west of the 15 freeway north of the 10. The law was made to protect condors from eating lead bullets from hunted game meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm........State wildlife areas, state preserves, and federal refuges is pretty self explanatory......National forests and BLM can be hunted with lead unless stated you can't (fire hazard, etc.).....Lead is OK with rifles till 2019 as stated above......Shotguns with lead can be used to hunt dove, quail, Wilson's snipe ONLY......If you use a shotgun while hunting predators, your shot shell must be non-lead.

Leaving a coyote in the field does not go to waste......Other coyotes eat it, along with many other animals & birds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu