lead free for 32-20?

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
so ive had my grandfathers 1905 32-20 smith and wesson pistol for over 20 years. this gun was my great grandfathers and it went with him to WWI then he gave it to my grandfather when he turned 14 and he took it with him to WWII. he was mounted Calvary and allowed to use what ever he wanted since he was not issued a side arm.

ive been hand loading 100gr hornaday lead hallow points. at around 950fps for a long time and have gotten very good with it over the years. Ive used it on many small game hunts and yote but as the lead free ban comes in to full effect im left looking for lead free bullets. ive checked the usual hornady, barnes, sierra, and nosler.

Does any one happen to have a line on 0.312 lead free pistol bullets? id hate to have to retire the old gun.

Hey Man,
Check with Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide....

I tried searching and came up empty...good luck with your quest.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu