Left hand semiautomatic 30-06 rifles. HA Ha

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
The husband of one of my wife's friend asked me if I know where to find one. I told him he would be better off looking for a unicorn. Really anyone have any ideas? First off. I told him he would be better of learning to shoot the way normal people do, short of that, don't limit yourself to 30-06. I told him to look at .223 rifles. He wants it for home defense. when he told me that, everything changed. I told him there are a lot of better options for that purpose, I know, I have borrowed many different firearms. :)

t

The husband of one of my wife's friend asked me if I know where to find one. I told him he would be better off looking for a unicorn. Really anyone have any ideas? First off. I told him he would be better of learning to shoot the way normal people do, short of that, don't limit yourself to 30-06. I told him to look at .223 rifles. He wants it for home defense. when he told me that, everything changed. I told him there are a lot of better options for that purpose, I know, I have borrowed many different firearms. :)

t
have him look at AR10s in 308. Stag makes some great stuf.
PS Left handed people are smarter.

Being a life long lefty the only LH items I own are bolt actions, bows, and base ball gloves. My one and only AR is RH and not an issue. But I dont shoot it that much not really my thing.

Tell you friend that a 30-06 is not the best idea for a home defense weapon. Not ideal to maneuver a long gun like that in the house. And he will most likely penetrate a wall or two with enough power to injure a family member that he may not want to hit. A shotgun or pistol are much better options for close quarters. If he is concerned with the zombie apocalypse or ww3 then ar15 or ar10. Just remind him how many of our armed forces fight in combat with the 5.56

Reactions: Ahidog
If it’s just homE defense get a shotgun. They have more LH options.

dude go for the Springfield 1903 with bayonet mounted.... you show up and say get off my lawn they will get the fuck off your lawn

Reactions: Ofdscooby
As I mentioned, when he said he was interested in home defense I told him there are far better choices, and few worst. Shotgun, 40 and 45 cal. I like to keep a few rounds of snake shot handy. They get real depressed when they are all the sudden blind.

are we even allowed by our overlords to do home defense

are we even allowed by our overlords to do home defense
Now that you mention it, if we feel the need for protection, we must call 911 and wait for 1/2 hour for help to arrive. The bad guys will hold off rampaging until the law gets there.

Hey Jeff, The weekend is looking bad for your dad as far as turkey hunting goes. Friday is your best bet with good weather and Saturday is for sure rain with Sunday not far behind with precipition in the forecast. I would say make sure you hunt Friday and watch the weather beyond that. The birds are starting to get crazy but it is not full blown. Let me know if youwant to set up other dates.

Best, Fred

Hey Jeff, The weekend is looking bad for your dad as far as turkey hunting goes. Friday is your best bet with good weather and Saturday is for sure rain with Sunday not far behind with precipition in the forecast. I would say make sure you hunt Friday and watch the weather beyond that. The birds are starting to get crazy but it is not full blown. Let me know if youwant to set up other dates.

Best, Fred
Season does not open until Saturday March 30.
IMG_8038.png

Every pawn shop and gunshop with consignment in the midwest probably has some Remington 740, 7400,742 etc. Real popular whitetail gun for decades.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
This is actually a really good deal. Edit, scope not included. Not that good of a deal.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu