Looking for a hunting partner in San Diego

bgnajar

Jul 24, 2015
Good day all. What a great forum. Been reading the threads for the past hour and got hooked!
Like many others who have posted, I too am a newbie and in dire need of a hunting partner, even if it's just to shadow. I live in San Diego area. I just finished all my hunting training and are ready to go! Been watching a ton of hunting videos, survival guides, etc. I'm looking to hunt deer, Boar or wild sheep. I more recently got me a Ruger American 308 win with a Nikon M3 scope. I took the rifle out to P2K (local shooting place) and got it sighted in at 100 yards. Shoots well from what I can tell.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that I need to learn and I can only learn from you all experienced hunters. I must add that being part of the hunting population is exciting and rewarding.

Looking forward to help.

Bashar Najar

Bashar,

Welcome to SCH...........Lots of new guys on here.........Start getting involved in some the local conservation groups (NWTF, CWA, Quail Forever, etc.). join a shooting league/range, or just hang out at Fine Firearms......... ;D

Get a 12ga shot gun some good boots & binos and the rest is gravey well kinda.......

Ilovesprig, thanks for the suggestions. Question for you (and sorry in advance if these questions are obvious) but aren't NWTF, CWA, etc all small game and birds? Is there a similar group for big game like hogs or deer locally?

My next gun will be a shotgun for sure. Starting off with a rifle seemed to fit with what I've been researching so far.

Great to see so many people on here. Still would be interested in shadowing someone for a hunt or two to get the hang of things.

Thanks all.

Yes, the 3 conservation groups I mentioned are upland and waterfowl groups. But like most groups, members hunt big game as well......The only groups here locally are RMEF (Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation) and SCI (Safari Club International) they do not for the most part have regular meetings......RMEF & SCI do have banquets, but there is little value to a new hunter......There is also MCC (My Country Club) hunting club up at Lake Henshaw. Family type atmosphere that offers deer hunting, upland, fishing, and waterfowling ($3,000.00 per year).

NWTF has regular meeting each month. We discuss different forms of hunting and fishing and of course our concerns for San Diego turkey hunters. This coming Tuesday I'll be discussing dove hunting locally & the IV. The August meeting, I will probably do deer hunting locally.

As far as finding a hunting partner or to tag along, be diligent on SCH (ask questions & contribute). We have many new hunters signing on every day. Just a matter of time before you find someone who will want to get out with you.

Good luck.......Steve

Welcome Bashar. Keep posting and reading, and partners will find you :)

I take it you live in the el cajon area since you shoot p2k I'm in north county and shoot at Escondido fish and game when they have there few days there open to the public I too am searching for a hunting buddy the one I used to go out and do trial an error has become a flake so I'm looking for some one to go out and shoot upland, waterfowl, and big game, with. I am a member of a couple conservation groups and i seem to hit walls no one wants to give up there honey hole witch I understand my hardest part is knowing where I can and can't shoot.
Thanks guys any help would be great!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu