looking for some help, on some drawing info for a few states !

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
so I have decided to start trying to apply for a few states to build my points and hopefully give my self better odds to draw some tags for trophy animals, and different species. Although I know that the application process will be coming very soon, I thought that maybe I could ask a few questions that maybe some people on here may know and be willing to help me with. Some of the info I may look up before anyone gets me the info but I figured I could ask and maybe get some help! Thank you for the help!

I am wanting to apply for these states and my questions are, when is the application due date ? do you have to pay for the tag your applying for during the application process before you apply ? and the hardest question if anyone has any suggestion on area to apply for and if they are a (long term ten plus years) or a short term (less than ten years) I appreciate any info just to get me going in tell I get more info myself and decide what areas I want to hunt . thank you.

applying for possibly
Washington
Oregon
nevada
Idaho
Utah
montana
Wyoming
colorado
new Mexico

deer, sheep, elk, antelope,

Great question, none of the info you seek is secret but it does all depend which state and what species you want to hunt. I would suggest that you check out each states website and sort out trophy quality, percentage of successful harvest, costs, date, and seasons. There's a lot to look at and choose from just be prepared to pay your dues.

Montana has a combo tag that is $976.00 bucks.......It's a draw, but has not sold out in the last few years......It gives you any elk, any white-tail, or muley buck. It also includes fishing and upland.....Lots of public land including block management units.....As is usual, the best hunting is near private property and access thru said property to NF lands can be difficult.

The drawing deadline was March 15th, 2014 and includes the entire state......Here'http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licenses/all/nonresidentCombo.htmls the link:

If I may offer a strong suggestion? Join Hunting' Fool magazine. They spell out strategies for all of the western states. They list the top zones, include strategies for applying for tags and list odds etc. It is worth every penny.

See link below:

https://huntinfool.com/index.php

NBK said:
If I may offer a strong suggestion? Join Hunting' Fool magazine. They spell out strategies for all of the western states. They list the top zones, include strategies for applying for tags and list odds etc. It is worth every penny.

See link below:

https://huntinfool.com/index.php
Thanks John. Are you a premium or standard member? Is premium worth the extra $$? Does anyone on SCH use their consultants?

I really appreciate all the help, thanks for the head start . I believe I am already applying for 13b in Arizona and that Montana thing I would be interested thanks so much everyone for the help

Hunting fool mag member for 13 years it's my hunting bible! NV is a must apply for state but you have to register your hunters safety course with them before you apply get it done!

yeah I think I have my areas picked for nv already I have been using gohunt.com for info since I joined the insider and also ehj for some extra info, I also have made a hunting drawing booklet with all my info to start recording it all for myself. what units do you apply for in nv? im applying for every species . what other states do you apply for ? have you hunted nv already ?

I put in for Ca, AZ, NV, NM, UT,CO, OR, ID. Usully about 36 hunts a year and I typically draw about 1 good tag a year. And yes I have hunted NV and I love that state PM me will talk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu