Me and the boys put one in the cooler

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
We got out to our spot in the mountains just before sunset last night. We ran into a few rabbits and managed to get one. It was actually a pretty big male as far as cottontails go. We slept under the stars in the bed of my truck and got up bright and early to add to our bag. No luck this morning the boys got hungry we put a few miles in and decided to go for breakfast at henshaw. It was a great trip even though we only brought one home I know these hunts and overnighters will be foundational in my boys lives.

On another note there are grasshoppers everywhere!!! Great new for the turkeys. I saw three hens with at least 15 poults at sunset last night. If we can get a few more years of rain things are really going to turn around.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    788.3 KB · Views: 36
Congrats Drew........I miss hunting with kids......cool.gif

Great to hear about the turkeys too.

I love it! I know they'll remember these experiences fondly and be grateful for the knowledge. Congratulations on the successful hunt!

That's awesome Drew. Glad the spot produced for you and the boys.

Bonejour said:
That's awesome Drew. Glad the spot produced for you and the boys.

Thanks Don, it was a great time. I would love to get out with a few of you SCH guys that are MCC members. Maybe we do a rabbit hunt, camp out by Will Valley pond, or just get a few cabins. Also it would be fun second season to do a group dove hunt up there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu