Misquito repellant? what works?

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Hey guys need some help. Hit Wister on sunday. got Bit up BAD. Im pretty used to it and i dont have as bad of reactions but my wife has the itches bad form the mosquitos. We had some OFF but it did nothing. they got her through her pants and shirt. she even had on an under shirt and Steves patented and highly recommended leafy jacket. She still has well over 200 very itchy bites and is talking about not duck hunting any more.

What does every one use to repel the mosquito and not get bit up.

Lol first off, OFF Attracts them. But seriously I use to use Cutter. But don't wash clothes in smelly stuff, don't wear any smelly stuff. For unconventional home remedy I use plain old vinegar. That's right. An other was an Avon product called skin so soft. For some reason skiters hate it.

I use my thermocell when there is no wind, sitting in a chair waiting for shoot time if they are out thick. Cutter and 100% deet or close too works too well too.

No perfume, fragrance like bill said you should be ok.

Hey guys need some help. Hit Wister on sunday. got Bit up BAD. Im pretty used to it and i dont have as bad of reactions but my wife has the itches bad form the mosquitos. We had some OFF but it did nothing. they got her through her pants and shirt. she even had on an under shirt and Steves patented and highly recommended leafy jacket. She still has well over 200 very itchy bites and is talking about not duck hunting any more.

What does every one use to repel the mosquito and not get bit up.

DEET on skin, SAWYER Permethrin sprayed on clothing, tents, backpacks. Orderless Permethrin repels/kills ticks, mites, chiggers and mosquitos. Cabelas carries SAWYER brand Permethrin.

Doug,

Mosquitos anywhere will bite thru cloths.....Her bites had to have come the night before or in the morning before she put on the leafy.....Everyone is different, but I got 3 bites.....All on my left hand.....I used Repel Family Dry 10% Deet.

ps.....Get any ducks?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu