Mission Bay spotties

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
0cd0249378bcacb8e4f2a12a84d37d4b.jpg

Since I didn't have time for a bow hunt, I decided to take advantage of the big tide this morning to launch my tube in search of spotties on Mission Bay. The dawn hour was pretty slow but the bite picked up right before high tide at 8am. Threw mostly the 5/8 oz Hookups, and mixed in some weedless jigs.. forget which brand. Fun fightin' bass.

Jealous. I was at the San Diego Bayfront Hilton last week for our company conference. The boulder rock structure right up against the walls there looked amazing. It killed me to not fish it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Thanks for the reminder. I bought some of those baits last time you posted about them and I need to try them.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Nice job! What tube are you using? I have thought about one for a while, they seem like a ton of fun.
They are fun and great for the bay since you can get into all the tight spots.

The fish cat style tubes are the best and have the least resistance when kicking. I run a pontoon style caddis which is also nice because there is nothing behind you when kicking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu