Montana/Canada 2016

I can't believe I'm the first one to say this...that could be the new MMCC (My Montana Country Club)!
Looks amazing, peaceful, and ideal.

But it needs a salt lick 20 yards off the back deck :)
I just looked it up and a salt lick is illegal in MT, so forget that I mentioned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonejour
I think it's 10 acres.....But to the west is all open and mountainous.

I'm looking at this place down river from him.....12 acres with grouse, deer, elk, bear, and bighorn.....3,400 sq ft, 3 car garage, + cabin (rents for $400.00 a night during trout season), and pond.....Walking distance to the Missouri too.

ps.....Everything comes fully furnished, quad with brushhog, riding lawnmower, and includes bighorn mount in cabin.....:blush:

. View attachment 28276 View attachment 28277 View attachment 28278 View attachment 28274

Oh man! What a beautiful view! Keep these photos coming. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$400 a night. That would be my kind if 5 star hotel. Beautiful!

More pics would be appreciated.

Sorry guys for no reports.....Not much internet up here and I don't know how use this iPhone much....Although I am texting....:tired_face:

Lots of rain the 1st couple of days in southern Alberta and only got 2 hunts in.....One of them was a bonus though.....1st black banded honker (I'm assuming that there black now, so guys can't see them as easy).....The other was a pretty epic duck shoot with a couple geese missed in....Cold, wet,and windy.

Got our 1st hunt in yesterday up north with one of the local Canucks and it could have been much better for the big boys.....22 down and passed on #23 & 24 a number of times.

Getting after the specks either tonight or tomorrow.....More reports to come hopefully.....;)

ps.....Wish I could load more pix, but this location won't let me downsize.

.105.JPG 119.JPG 086.JPG

Steve... an I Phone!? What is this world coming to!?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes......An iPhone you knuckleheads.....And I can text too.....lol

This morning we targeted specs that we had seen in an haybale field yesterday evening.....The conditions couldn't have been better....Cool, clouds to block the sun, and a west wind....Always the hardest to decoy and always our favorite to eat....1st flock came in right after shoot time on the deck....7 in, 7 stayed....Unfortunately, one walked from of Ronnie's bale and flew away when the next flock was coming in.....lol.....After watching big flocks fly over, we had a couple of singles decoy and that was that.....You're allowed 5 specks each in Alberta.

Scouting tonight.....Back after honkers tomorrow.

.014.JPG 018.JPG 024.JPG 034.JPG

Nice work Steve. I will be there in two hours. We will start hunting on Saturday. I will call you tomorrow to get an idea where you are vs where we are.

Aawwweeesoome.

Those are some big lookin flying machines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work Steve. I will be there in two hours. We will start hunting on Saturday. I will call you tomorrow to get an idea where you are vs where we are.

John,

Look forward to the call......If we're near by, let's try and get together......Good luck

Today was another good shoot......Limits of darks (honkers & specks, combo 16)......Scouted tonight and it's like 10,000 geese just disappeared......May take tomorrow morning off.

.005.JPG 004.JPG

Just scouted today, but had a dinner for kings......BBQ's specks with Montreal steak rub, sautéed onions, zucchini, and Hutterite potatoes fresh out of the garden....Doesn't get much better.

The bad news is.....It's pouring down rain with lots of lightning.....o_O

. 007.JPG 004.JPG

Wow!........What a difference 50 yds makes.....lol.....After putting the mallards, specks & honkers to sleep last night, we thought we knew exactly where to set-up this morning.....Apparently not exactly with the conditions we had.

After raining most the night, we were able to get into field (no easy task)......Set-up honkers & specks per our hard west wind.....What we didn't realize was we were pretty close to the middle north edge of the field.....With the rain that was now falling again and wind, we thought it would make little difference. Especially after having mallards practically landing on us at dark-thirty.....The 1st birds to arrive as always were the specks.....They landed to the south of us and about 100 yds in front.....Hmmm.....Then came more flights (100's of specks) and all the same routine.....Finally a pair of honkers come in and land at the far south end of the decoys. Ronnie is a left handed shooter, so he gets one......From that point on, every flock landed or skirted us to the south. Thinking were pretty much done, we pulled the layouts 50 yds past our southern most decoys and surrounded them with a few decoys.....After about a 20 minute delay, a flock of 8 honkers commit into the hole.....I triple, Ronnie doubles.....Next flock Ronnie triples, and I double......Next flock we both double and just like that we've got 15.....Finally a small bunch skirts right and Ronnie's bags a single.....Our 16th big boy at 8:45 am.....Damn, I was glad to see that bird fall.....lol

Great morning, despite the conditions......And the best part was we made it out of the field....Barely.....lol

.002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 015.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu