Montana Pheasant Opener 2017

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
  1. Montana Pheasant Opener 2017....Windy, cool, and damp....Perfect for the dogs....And Ronnie & I got 5 out of our 1st farm....I got #6 across the street on public land....Good eats tonight....lol....A few pix
.006.JPG 025.JPG 036.JPG 017.JPG 015.JPG 049.JPG

No, Montana does not suck.....lol.....6 more roosters today from a little different area.....We didn't start till 12:30 pm after scouting for honkers and having breakfast.....Snow flurries, light rain, and windy started us off.....Never got over 40, but nice to walk versus the IV.....Honker hunting tomorrow.....;)

.034.JPG 037.JPG 016.JPG 026.JPG 030.JPG

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Darryl,

They are.....This area is mostly wheat & barley.....Couple of them today had peas in them.

.020.JPG

Awesome Steve. Good eats is right. How have you been preparing the phez?
Not to highjack Steves thread, but Blake you reminded me of a pheasant I did last year for Thanksgiving.

Plucked it and stuffed it whole with onions, celery, carrots, and oranges. Then put it on the rotisserie on the grill. It was unreal.

We had a visitor from Austria and he was pretty sold on Thanksgiving after eating that pheasant.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: meatgetter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu