Moultrie trail cam

Shmee22

Apr 19, 2014
I just bought a moultrie 880i yesterday and can't figure out how to get it to take pictures. Read the owners manual and doesn't give a description of the issue im having. It says to establish the motion sensor distance and then switch it on once it's done detecting. However once it's switched on it will not take a pic. Is there a certain amount of time the camera waits before taking the pics? Or should it just do it right away? If anyone has one of these or knows how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

I don't use the Moultrie. So, I can only state how my Bushnell Trophy cams work.......After turning the camera on, the red light flashes for a minute or so and it's ready to take pictures when the red light goes off.

Do you have a indicator light?........Even my cheapy Tasco has one........If it's not going on. Then I'd check batteries for full charge.......Have you set the time, date, etc.?

Just read the reviews from Cabela's.......Seems like your not the only one with problems.....http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-Cave/New-This-Week/Hunting-Gear%7C/pc/105591780/c/105633180/sc/105637680/Moultrie-M-880i-8MP-Trail-Camera/1810571.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fhunting-gear%2F_%2FN-1102643%2FNo-96%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNP%26recordsPerPage%3D48&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat105637680#BVRRWidgetID

found that it is important to have new sdcards that are compatible with the moultrie.
I had some used sdcard cards that would not work with camera. & besure to format the card before using them too. I pickup some 4 & 8 GB Sdcards. and now it works fine.

HTH

I have moultries all over east county. They are easy to use and take good pics. Make sure you have a card in and set it for trail cam mode, and set it for 2 pics and set the time delay on the lowest setting. which will prob be 15 seconds. Now flip the switch to on, not test. Now when you walk by it, it will take 2 quick pics and then wait 15 seconds or what ever you have the delay set for. Good luck.

I don't think it's an SD card issue because it will let me take test pictures and they store correctly on the card. To me it just seems like a motion detect problem. I'll try changing the batteries and doing a restore to default setting and let u guys know how it goes. Thanks for the info Y'all!!

SoCalHunter27 said:
I don't think it's an SD card issue because it will let me take test pictures and they store correctly on the card. To me it just seems like a motion detect problem. I'll try changing the batteries and doing a restore to default setting and let u guys know how it goes. Thanks for the info Y'all!!

yes mine where doing the same as you say. that's what was puzzling. changed the cards out it started working perfectly. good cameras. did you configure the settings like invisible man said. cause that is important. we have two.

I changed the batteries in the cam and did a factory reset on it. Started taking pictures right away!! Batteries I installed first must have been old which is weird because they were in a brand new package.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu