My 3rd big game hunt. Finally brought home some meat.

dantheman

Jan 4, 2015
orange county
I am thrilled to come home with the cooler full of meat. I was able to harvest 2 antelope out of wyoming and it was a blast.it was my first time having my game animal in my scope with a round in the chamber. What a rush. Also antelope taste great. My first 2 big game hunts were for a pig in norcal and a javelina in AZ. We just couldn't find those critters and we hiked our butts off. I was already hooked with big game hunting but now I am really hooked. I can't wait to get back out there.

Awesome. Sound like you have the big game bug bad! Perfect...

Fantastic Dan! What a great feeling it is. Antelope meat is a little different, but some people like it. And I hear it makes good jerky. Maybe post in the recipes forum if you're interested in how you might prepare it. 2 cents.

Alfalfa feed lopes are great eating.......prairie grass is still damn good

Never killed a pronghorn myself. I will soon in my new home state, but I have eaten it. I think it taste awesome as well.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the replys. I look forward to meeting some of you guys at the next banquet. Or hopefully Steve with throw another duck get together and we could meet sooner lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu