Never too early to Talk Waterfowling

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
And right now, Roger's has Federal 3 1/2" 1 3/8 oz shells on sale for $144.99 a case (I bought 1's).....About as good a price as you're ever going to see 3 1/2" stuff......They also have 3" 1 1/8 oz shells for $99.99 a case.....Both shells come in various sizes with # 3's in the 3" shells being most of us guys favorite size for ducks.....No tax & Free delivery.

Remember too, that starting Jan. 1st, 2018, we will not be able to buy shells from outside of our state via internet.

.https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...m-speed-shok-12-ga-3-1-2-1-3-8oz-1550fps.html

.https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...shok-steel-waterfowl-12-gauge-3-1-1-8-oz.html

Reactions: NBK
7months 22days till no more mail order ammo :(

I was under the impression that we will still be able buy ammo online from an out of state source but we will have to have it shipped to to a licensed dealer and go through a background check?

I was under the impression that we will still be able buy ammo online from an out of state source but we will have to have it shipped to to a licensed dealer and go through a background check?

Probably true, but a number of big national retailers are all ready saying they're not going to ship to California.....Period.

The process will probably be similar to buying a gun out of state.....Ship to FFL, pay fee for handling, background check, etc.....Stock up, if you can.

Again, these laws have nothing to do with stopping bad guys.....It's the chip, chip, chip effect that it has on the common shooter, opening day dove hunter, and folks that are on the bubble of hunting.....Just pricing and hassling them out by the dem/libs of California, one at a time.

You might be right BUT, if so, how much do you think they'll charge you for that. Most FFLs charge anywhere from $75 to $150 or more to have a gun shipped to them from out of state.

You might be right BUT, if so, how much do you think they'll charge you for that. Most FFLs charge anywhere from $75 to $150 or more to have a gun shipped to them from out of state.
I agree they are going to charge to do that but a reason for someone to do it would be to get ammunition that is not available locally. It's definitely wise to stock up now before this law takes effect.

And no tax. Just ordered 2 more cases to add to the stockpile.
Oh crap, you guys are cut off after December 31st right? So this is the last year you can do the online stock up thing.... gosh that is a shame.

...and a background check for ammo, but that looks like July 2019. Hopefully it gets overturned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu