new guy... at least i'm not the only one!

Grant

Aug 17, 2014
East County San Diego
howdy y'all. i'm really excited to be a part of this site. i've never been hunting before but it's all i've ever wanted to do! finally grownup enough (27) to afford the necessary tools and have pieced together what i think is a pretty good start. scheduled to take my HSC on the 30th this month and i'm hoping i can learn enough soon to go on a hog hunt this year. i'm a confident shooter but i imagine that's the easiest part of becoming a good hunter, so i look forward to hopefully meeting some people here willing to share their knowledge and expertise.

I have many questions, but maybe to start i could ask for some resources (books, websites, somebody who likes to talk and have coffee? :) )

i'd like to learn about how to find/track/hunt pigs successfully and understand their behaviors, how to field dress and pack out, and everything in between.

i appreciate any input and direction given.

respectfully and admittedly green,

Grant Schoenberger

Hey brother and welcome. Lots and lots I really great people here just be patient ask lots of general questions and read EVERYTHING. What are of so cal are you out of?

Welcome to the SCH website Grant. It was a pleasure meeting you at the shop the other day. There is a wealth of information on this site so just start reading away, ask questions and soak it all in.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu