New guy from Culver City Calif

culver carp

Apr 7, 2016
Hello ,
I just joined this forum. I am going to go next week to Hi Tech Archery in Fullerton and buy myself basic bow fishing gear. I am most interested in bow fishing for carp in high water lakes or rivers that are no polluted so I can eat what I kill. I would not mind going to low land lakes such as Lake Elsinore to practice on carp. I should beable to access a small private lake near 29 Palms.
I am a DHS armed contract guard and I have access to some private land for pigeons and crows. I would be more then willing to split gas for a trip and if some one owns a boat I will buy all the gas for it. My son in the future might also be interested in bow fishing . He is a Sgt in the USMC. Iam also a life member of the NRA and just joined Cal Bowhunters. I would be interestedin carpooling to the Lake Isabella Tournament June 4th and 5th. If interested please PM me.
Thanks
Culver Carp

Hi ilovesprig,
I have head good things about those places but the KernRiver sounds interesting. I was thinking that Lake Isabella is not as crowdedon the weekday as is Big Bear. On the otherhand if someone wants to split a boat rental at Big Bear or gas up their boat then by all means that person should PM me.
Thanks
Culver Carp

Kern River has a lot of suckers & whitefish, but never have seen carp.....Maybe they come out of Isabella.....In all my years of fishing there, I don't recall carp in the lake either.

Their is a California Bowhunters Carp Tournament June 4th and 5th and they have had it for years. I know carp have ended up in the Kern River in Bakersfield when they have a lot of water plus I have seen pictures of carp taken out of the Kern. Big Bear might have much more but it is worth checking out.
Cukver Carp

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu