New guy here obviously lol

Cliffcourier

Jul 31, 2014
Hey everyone, I got my hunting license about a month and a half ago, I want to try bowhunting and I have basically have no idea where to begin. I've shot at targets but never actually scouted cause you don't trust a corolla to go off-roading now do ya? Looking for a mentor or any kind of advice .

Stationed in Camp Pendleton. Lived in San Francisco before service, no outdoors experience what-so ever. I gave up video games so I'm looking for a new hobby.

Hey Cliff there is a great resource for you to use on base the Camp Pendelton sportsmans club
http://www.sportsmansclub.net/
check out their site and maybe go to one of the monthly meetings on base.

Marines welcome here :)
Thanks for your service,Cliff, and congratulations on your new hobby.

Welcome to the website Cliffcourier! Glad to have another warrior on SCH!

Welcome to the forum and great to have another service member here as well. You will need a SUV of Truck to hunt on the base. Does not need to be 4x4 but must be high profile. So find a buddy with a truck. The link to the sportsman club has a link to the base rules and regs so that should help as well. There are a lot of opportunities to hunt on base but just like any place else you have to put your time in. Good luck and if you want more info PM me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu