New Guy! I heard about the forum from a fellow Hunter

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Everyone!

Brand new to this website! I heard about it from running into another hunting in D14 on opening day. My name is Jake, been hunting in So Cal (zones D14 / D16) for the last 10 years and basically have taught myself to hunt from doing everything wrong and talking to others. I usually just hunt deer and dove, occasionally going out for turkey (unsuccessfully).

Take care!

Welcome to the site. Have you taken a deer yet?

Yes Sir, I pulled my first deer (3x3) from D-16 last year. However, it seems that whoever I took hunting with me the previous 3 years before that always pulled out something.

Welcome to the site. Have you taken a deer yet?

.IMG_2381.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year was my 3rd year hunting in D16, I had never gotten close enough to a shoot able buck in D14. The deer up there were really good at giving me the slip. This year I got my G13 and D14 tags, I wrote down on my vision board to harvest two! Lofty goals but I am willing to put in the swet equity.

I-Shoot,

Welcome to SCH......That's a great 1st buck.....Hope to see you at some of the NWTF meetings.....See if we can't help you with a turkey.

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeSCH

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu