New guy Inland Empire.

vincent5253

Jun 29, 2014
Menifee,Ca
hey guys, I recently just got my hunters education certification card and im really excited about going deer hunting& finding this website . But at the moment Im gathering my supplies for this hunt, and Here are my questions to deer hunting. Where do i go deer hunting in the Inland Empire,San Beradino county,San Diego or any other county near me. And what places are they? I know i heard about zones and stuff But if someone can give me a run down on deer hunting basics in Socal, like where to go? what city? What time i should go, etc. I am a newbie at this of course, I just really want to go deer hunting, but i need some expertise from experience hunters. Thanks! :)

Welcome to the site. Your best course of action is probably to start by Google searching basic queries like "What do I need to go deer hunting". "How to find deer". "How to hunt deer in Southern California". "Where to hunt deer in Southern California". You need to have quality gear and quality maps (or GPS unit). Go onto the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website and click on as much as you can. The state is split up into multiple zones with certain restrictions.

Have you ever hunted anything before? Do you know where you plan on purchasing a deer tag for? One thing you'll see is that nobody is going to give you a deer spot. If they do, chances are that thousands of people already know about it.

Know the state and county regs for the location you're going to hunt, make sure all your paperwork is legit, make sure you're on approved hunting land (private vs public).

There's a giant world of information out there about hunting and you're not going to grab it all in the first few seasons. Deer are very difficult in Southern California and you're definitely going to have to put your time in (unless you're lucky which happens as well). Good luck Vincent5253.

Welcome to the forum & congrats on getting your license. First I would suggest to try and hunt small game. Wabbit season just started today!! Go to the https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/ and start reading the big game booklet http://www.dfg.ca.gov/publications/digest/ and look at all the regs and zones. for deer hunting it might be a bit late to hunt, unless you get a AO tag for some zone close enough for you to hunt, but that might get confusing. I would skip deer hunting and maybe make a friend that will let you tag along and he can teach you as you guys hunt... anyways, lots of good info on this great site.. do some lurking and learn from some really good hunters that are on here... GOOD LUCK!!

Welcome to SCH Vincent. Get yourself some BLM maps and some NF maps and start doing your home work. Spend as much time in the outdoors as you can to learn different areas and to develop an eye for spotting game.

Welcome to the SCH website Vincent. All of the above information is very good for sure. But the forum you are on may already have all of your answers or at least the information to point you in the right direction.

Please click on the link below as it will take you to one of the best threads on the forum (there are a lot of best threads though). I think it will really help you! The thread is titled "how are you guys seeing so many deer...!!!!"

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,4793.msg30106.html#msg30106

Hope this helps!

Go to walmart or another sporting goods store and grab the DFW hunting booklet. It will tell you all the zones as well as all the seasons and regulations for the specific zones.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu