New to Hunting in CAL

Nickada1212

Jan 3, 2017
Good Afternoon,

Just looking to see if anyone knows any good spots to hunt rabbits in the Rancho Bernardo/Escondido area. Or if anyone would like a hunting partner I just bought my first air rifle and am very interested in getting out there after em.

-Nick

Nick,

Shooting a pellet gun (or BB gun) in both Rancho Bernardo (City of San Diego) and Escondido is illegal.....There is some county land around both these cities (I live on county in Escondido).....It is legal for me to shoot rabbits on my own property......If you could find someone to let you hunt on county lands, you'd be good to go.

ps.....The open land and sod farms around the Wild Animal Park is City of San Diego. Hence, it's illegal to shoot rabbits there.....Although, I know a number of folks have shot rabbits in and around those areas.......;)

Hello i'm new to the forum and also new to hunting rabbits. would like to know where there are areas that I can hunt rabbits using my .22 rifle. i live in the LA area

Hello i'm new to the forum and also new to hunting rabbits. would like to know where there are areas that I can hunt rabbits using my .22 rifle. i live in the LA area

In the mountains, dessert, public and private land (with written permission) where it is legal and safe to discharge a fire arm.

Nick,
The Cleveland National Forest is a great place to hunt if you don't mind the hike. go by the ranger station in alpine, pick up a map and start scouting, its def an adventure! Hope this helps, good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu