New to me bow

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
So it turns out one of the guys I hunted with last week is a lefty. We worked out a deal for some of my AR parts for his old bow. I know nothing about bows but it seems like a good one for me to start with. I am going to head down to bow and arrow shop and get a release and target. Any recommendations on what kind of release I should get? From what I understand they are great down there and should let me try a few. Your input is valued because I literally am just getting into this. Can't wait to start practicing. Hoping for there to be some bloody arrows in my future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
I use the middle of the road (about 50 bucks), wrist release T.R.U. Ball Stinger.......For what it's worth, I like it.......2 cents

Jim Fletcher Hook. Big quality for the price. I like hook style releases. The caliper style will cut through your loop if you shoot a lot. Good guys there and Lots there to choose from.

If he's about your size you might be good with his arrows and draw length, but you are right to head over to B n A shop first. Looks like a great starter set up and the string and cables look to be in good shape. I use the Fletcher hook too. Very reliable. Bruce or his guys will set the length and trigger weight to suit you, then they'll have you sew/tack it in place so it fits you and will stay the right length.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu