New to SCH and getting back into hunting!

jfrog

Aug 23, 2017
Hey everyone! I just joined SCH and am happy to be here. I live in Central California and am just getting back into hunting since High School. I'm basically looking to learn, find some hunting buddies and learn places to hunt California.

Thanks guys!

I've been duck hunting only once way back when. I'll need to look into it again. I only remember private land though. Is there public land in this area worth it?

Welcome to the site and welcome back to hunting. Lots of public and private land in the Central Valley and central coast. Private more on the coast.

Thanks guys!

I've been duck hunting only once way back when. I'll need to look into it again. I only remember private land though. Is there public land in this area worth it?

Well worth it and will offer you by far the most hunting opportunities on public wildlife areas & refuges.....Just to name a few, Kern NWR near Delano, Mendota WA, Los Banos WA, Kesterson NWR, Merced NWR, near Merced & Modesto.

.kesterson_&_SS_club_1-13_034[1].JPG 010.JPG 016.JPG

Wow, you guys weren't joking!
Pardon the ignorance but what does "WA" and "NWR" refer to?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu