New tool: Silver Pigeon 1, 12g 28"

Flecko

Apr 26, 2013
Coastal San Diego
I'm waiting, ten days!!! I just got a new over under at Fine Firearms. Thanks to John for working with me to help me find the right one. It came down to fit, and the Beretta shouldered the best for me.

So, I'm stupid excited. This is my first double barrel. What do I need to know?

If the barrels have different chokes, find out which is which. I like to set up the more open choke to fire first for quick close range shots, and save the tighter barrel for second (more distant shots). You can even use different size shot if you're going for two types of game, say coyote and rabbit (#4 buck, #6), or rabbit an bird (#6 and #7 1/2). I love the options on the DB guns. Great choice ;)

Re: New tool: Silver Pigeon 1, 12g 28"

Sherpa, where do you shoot? I still have to wait till the gun is in.

The wait is killer... I just want to put my sights on a rabbit (or two) at the moment...

Rbduffer, would you shoot top or bottom barrel first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In most OU's, if it's a fixed choke system, the more open choke is always on the bottom......Nowadays with tubes, I would still have it in that configuration.

ilovesprig said:
In most OU's, if it's a fixed choke system, the more open choke is always on the bottom......Nowadays with tubes, I would still have it in that configuration.

I almost allways shoot the more open barrel first (In this case the lower barrel). I try to get the bigger spread while the critter or clay is close and save the tighter choke for more distance with the the same size pattern. Unless the critter is charging at you ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu