NEWB HERE- HELLO

jtlambo

Aug 11, 2014
Hello all,

To start off with I am currently stationed at Camp Pendleton and deployed. I will be back mid Sept and looking to get some hunts in. I am originally from the East coast and the laws are alot more user friendly there. This is my second tour at Camp Pendleton and I never bothered to try to hunt before as I lived in barracks and owning weapons was not as easy as it is when you have a home also coupled with what I saw when I checked the regulations. I am gonna give it a go this year upon my return stateside and just wanted to introduce myself and thank eveyone in advance for any seemingly obvious questions I may ask about the CA regs. Just please bear in my this will be my first season in CA and Im a definate newb to left coast hunting. Thanks

Welcome to the SCH Forum jtlambo. And thank you for your service to our country!

Don't hesitate to ask questions - it will help with the learning process. Below is a link to the "California Department Fish and Wildlife to help you get acquainted with rules, regs, key dates etc.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting

Thanks for the quick reply NBK I appreciate it. And from what I can see i missed the lottery for premium tags but they are still pretty much open for an archery tag(all of the areas surrounding my home location anyway). Which is fine with me, and I can still hunt the G-10 with rifle once that zone opens up to firearms. Thanks for your help, and again it is much appreciated!

Welcome to the form. By the way you can hunt G-10 with bow as well and the game warden office on base is very helpful in regards to the hunting regs. If you need more info PM me and I will give you the info that I have. Hunting deer here is much different as I have found out. Good luck and thank you for your service!

Thanks to all, I am still trying to wade through the information, msailor I will probably hit you up when I get back if I cant figure this out. I have my wife going to by my license and G10 tomorrow so it will be ready. Do you duck hunt the base at all?

Hit me up anytime and I have not tried duck hunting on base but I know they have blinds on the smaller lakes in the training areas. Might be ok if there is any water left in them.

Alright thanks all, I think I am headed in the right direction with my research now. The site definately has alot of info, much more than I was able to get ahold of before I stumbled onto it. And again thanks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu