Newbie archer looking for hunting partner/mentor

RMP

Jul 20, 2016
Hi All,

I'm a new hunter that took up archery last year and am looking for hunting partners and/or mentors in the San Diego area. I grew up here in north county San Diego, but live closer to the city now. I'm new to hunting, but have been backpacking and hiking since I was young ( am now 37 years old). I also rock climbed and mountaineered during my early twenties.

I have a 4x4 vehicle and am willing to drive and pay for gas if you'd be willing to share some experience. I am not looking for a handout as far as spots go. I have been scouting recently on D16 BLM Land where I saw lots of fresh deer scat and tracks, but no sightings and D16 CNF (scat, tracks and saw a doe just after dawn!). I would like to head out this Sunday to scout the Laguna rec area and plan to hunt primarily for deer once the season starts. I have and AO and A22 tag. Would prefer to spot and stalk.

Last edited:
RMP,

Welcome to SCH......Lots of new hunters and plenty of archers on the site.....It also sounds like you're on the right track for finding deer.....Plenty of spots for archery in east county.....PM's are always the best way to fine tune info with fellow hunters.....I scout at least 2 or 3 days a week......;)

Good luck.

Thanks for the support Sprig! I also read your sticky at the top of the threads, lots of good advice. Looking forward to making new friends and experiences in the great outdoors.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu