Newbie checking in

Bi0hazrd

Mar 16, 2015
Greetings fellow SoCal'ers, been lurking for a while and decided to join up.

I have been interested in starting to hunt for a few years now, and am finally pulling the trigger (or getting ready to pull the trigger, as it were). I figured I will start with coyote for now... we'll see where it goes from there. I am still doing research, pulling my kit together, etc. so I am a ways off. Looking forward to getting out there.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Cheers folks!

By the way, anyone know some good spots? Willing to take me out? You will drive and pay for lunch of course. (yes, I think I'm hilarious) :D

Welcome BHaz,

Hey, sounds great..... I'll pick you up and show you all my spots (may take multiple trips). I'll even pay for lunch and don't worry about gas money (I have stock in Exxon).....No problem, if your late either. I'll just wait till your ready (I have nothing better to do).....Don't forget to bring your fancy I phone too. That way you can take lots of pictures and get GPS coordinates in case you forget where I showed you (might be before flydown). Then you can post it on the internet and tell your friends......Don't worry about drinks, I have plenty of brown & beer (may have to let our fingers do the walking on your phone)...... :eek:

Anyway, looking forward to going out with you....Hope I can bring something to the table.... :-*

ps.........I'm funny too....... :D

Welcome Biohazard. I see you've done your homework... Nice.
Do you own a firearm or bow yet?

Welcome to the group! I'm a fellow newbie as well! Lots of great guys and great info on here. Have fun!

ilovesprig said:
Anyway, looking forward to going out with you....Hope I can bring something to the table.... :-*

Yeah... but I'm "funny-haha"... you're "funny-start-backing-away-slowly" j/k

Anyway thanks for the welcome guys. I will be pressing by AR into service for this, I just need to invest in some good glass and start testing different SP/HP loads to see what it likes. If I'm not satisfied, then I start looking at .223 bolt guns.

BHaz,

All in fun here on SCH....... ;)

I personally would start looking for a good used Rem 870 or even a Mossy 500/835......Shotguns open tons of opportunities to hunt here locally......2 cents

ilovesprig said:
Welcome BHaz,

Hey, sounds great..... I'll pick you up and show you all my spots (may take multiple trips). I'll even pay for lunch and don't worry about gas money (I have stock in Exxon).....No problem, if your late either. I'll just wait till your ready (I have nothing better to do).....Don't forget to bring your fancy I phone too. That way you can take lots of pictures and get GPS coordinates in case you forget where I showed you (might be before flydown). Then you can post it on the internet and tell your friends......Don't worry about drinks, I have plenty of brown & beer (may have to let our fingers do the walking on your phone)...... :eek:

I want in on that ride. :)

Welcome to SCH BH!

Don Rickles has nothing on you!

Attachments

• Don1.jpg
    Don1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 26

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu