Newbie here looking to get into hunting

SoCal hunter

Aug 29, 2017
Hello everyone my name is Mike and I'm new to this group i live in Hemet and am looking for some hunting buddies to show me the ropes I got my gun and my license a wile back but never had anyone to go with so now I'm finally reaching out to you guys to see if anyone else needs a hunting partner as well and I'm down to hunt just about everything

Welcome Mike. What gun do you have? Hopefully it's a shotgun, as that will open up many opportunities for upland and small game, including rabbit, which is currently in season, and dove, which opens on the 1st.

Yea I have a savage Stevens 12 gauge and just ordered a Weatherby pa-08 upland game 12 gauge and I was hoping to get out and scout some places for dove

Mike,

Welcome to SCH.......A little closer to home is San Jacinto W.A.....Saw a number of doves there on Saturday.....Remember.....If you hunt there, you must use steel shot (non lead).....The gates open at 4:00 am.

ps.....Get the regulations before going out hunting and read them thoroughly.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu