Newbie to Cali

Chilonaeads

Nov 17, 2014
Hey guys I'm new to this site and new to Cali hunting I hunt in Arkansas but it different here by far. So I kind of have an idea. What I would like to ask is for some good places to scout I'm not asking anyone for their honey holes or golden valleys I'm just asking for some one to point me in the right direction. Maybe tell me an area to scout I'm ok with any info I'm just not use to this scouting. I have land back home and we set deer stands and just wait we don't hunt scouting like this. And thank you for any info given.

Find the BLM areas. Check the national forests. Buy a map, put gas in the vehicle and put some good shoes on.

Chilo',

Welcome to SCH.......Lots of public land in So Cal.......Cleveland NF, BLM, wildlife areas......No secrets about where they are......The good spots or secrets are within them.

There's also the Imperial County, which is not that far away. Not much public land in per se. But, land that is not posted out there is huntable......Not a lot of big game opportunities, but bird hunting can be very good.

Asking questions about specific areas is best done thru PM's.

Good luck

Welcome to SCH Chilonaeads. There is a lot of info on this forum too. Spend some time reading and you will find what you are looking for!

Thanks NBK I came in with the guy that bought the pink 22 pistol on Friday I appreciate you giving me the info for this site I would have never found it other wise great website you have here I look forward to coming into your shop more often

Chilonaeads said:
Thanks NBK I came in with the guy that bought the pink 22 pistol on Friday I appreciate you giving me the info for this site I would have never found it other wise great website you have here I look forward to coming into your shop more often

We are glad to have you...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu