Nothing was stirring - not even a mouse!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
I was reading posts with my window open and I start hearing commotion in the back yard. Looked out the window and there were 4 coyotes eating the neighbors cat. I ran downstairs and grabbed my rig with CCI Stingers - slid the window open and they heard me and scooted. I broke out a mouth call and got two of them to come back. I raised my rig but could not get a good shot (and the scope was full of dust). They ran back up the hill. I quickly cleaned my scope lens and now have the call and the rig ready for a window shot. I can hear them up on the hill crunching on bones.

Just a matter of time now - death awaits!

NBK said:
I was reading posts with my window open and I start hearing commotion in the back yard. Looked out the window and there were 4 coyotes eating the neighbors cat. I ran downstairs and grabbed my rig with CCI Stingers - slid the window open and they heard me and scooted. I broke out a mouth call and got two of them to come back. I raised my rig but could not get a good shot (and the scope was full of dust). They ran back up the hill. I quickly cleaned my scope lens and now have the call and the rig ready for a window shot. I can hear them up on the hill crunching on bones.

Just a matter of time now - death awaits!

Ugh! That feeling of rushing and not having the setup! Sucks man... at least you tried to do the neighborly thing and drop some vermin!

The cat lady across the street from me has a couple cats that like to hang out at my house constantly. I might be able to donate some to the cause! ;)

Ya know how to tell when you have been working to much?

When your scope is full of dust

Yep...but it is the backyard coyote gun...sits in the corner waiting to be used. Need to get a scope cap!

Attachments

• yardrig.jpg
    yardrig.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
I shoot coyotes and love every second of it, they are the number one reason I never feel rested in the morning, I wake up every hour and look out my window to see if another one is waiting to eat a gold tip.

BuckHunter said:
Do you know someone on the USS Carl Vinson?

Nope but I know someone who is not on the USS Carl Vinson - Bin Laden! ;D ;D

NBK said:
BuckHunter said:

You bet ! My buddy is on that ship. Great stories.

NBK said:
BuckHunter said:

Guys, I realize this is off topic, but since NBK brought it up... There is a cocktail that's been around a couple of years that you may have heard about. It's called the Bin Laden: two shots and a splash. ;)

longbowhunter2 said:
maybe this will help. nice & silent.
big bore pneumatic (air) rifle

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlxcFSq5k8c

That is a wild video! I shoot rats in my backyard with my .22 air rifle. (my wife was not too sure till I exterminated the rats and we started eating ripe garden tomatoes again.) We have coyotes in the center of San Diego who killed two of the neighbors' dogs this year. Looks like this is a possible solution. What is the maximum lethal range LBH2?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu