On the way up the hill yesterday.

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
See one or two every year during deer season. Tarantula's are pretty neat. But look closely, there is clearly something different about this guy.

Bumped into a small 2' gopher snake today. He hissed at me and acted as of he was 7' long! Was unable to get a picture.20171119_154510.jpg

I thought those were two extra legs. Weird. The spiders in my house start out with eight legs. Usually zero after I hit them with the Bug Assault.

Reactions: Truduct
Chicken ranchers would make bank if they could figure out how to do that.

Reactions: NBK
It doesn’t have 10 legs. It’s just a regular tarantula
The front two appendages are pedipalps.

Fair enough. It just didn't look right. Thanks for the clarification. I see a few every year. They seem to stay in a small area. I have come across these creatures and returned days later and have seen them in the same spot. Kind of cool.

See a bunch of them on our Ranch up near Coalinga.

always fun to take a video for my wife.

they are literally the only spider i don't kill

I didn't know they lived in Ca when i first moved here. I had one crawl over my boot when i was glassing one day.. Lets just say I am lucky I didn't shoot my own foot off...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu