Opening day eve Middle Tennessee

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Haven't been on here much lately so I figured I'd share an update. Tommorow is opening day in Tennessee for turkeys. I'm currently sitting in my truck waiting for 4 am in one of the parking lots at cheatham wma. I found a good flock in the field where my duck blind was last season. Praying for a good hunt tommorow and no snakes. Also congrats to everyone in SoCal who's killed a turkey so far. As I type this I am listening to gobblers gonna be a good day tommorow i got a feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2dogs1name
Whoa whoa whoa you can't shoot all the jakes in SD and then move away and start shooting gobblers. Just kidding have fun, be safe, and post pics of that down south bird.

Reactions: steveo007
Whoa whoa whoa you can't shoot all the jakes in SD and then move away and start shooting gobblers. Just kidding have fun, be safe, and post pics of that down south bird.

Hahahahaha I just knew someone would bring that up eventually. What can I say besides last year was tough and beggars can't be choosers and this year I'll be more selective... I take that back I'll be more selective if I don't have a Jake in range first thing. Hopefully I'll have a picture to post tommorow.

Reactions: TRICER
Good luck, Luke.......Never hunted Tennessee......Bucket list for sure.

Thanks Steve I'll need all the luck I can get. And if you ever find your way out to middle Tennessee during the spring I'll put you on a bird.

Well this morning was frustrating to put it mildly. Got to the oak tree I was sitting under at around 4:15 am. Had a guy nearly sit in my lap around 4:30 and after a polite conversation he moved to try the roosted birds from a different angle. At around 5:45 the birds are just waking up and going nuts and I have another guy nearly sits my lap who's wearing a headlamp this time. He shines it into the direction of the birds and bam the birds take off and fly the river. Left at around 8 after not hearing another gobble. The season is still young however and the birds are a plenty.

Sounds like my Archery Deer opener 2013 in Lagunas, guy sits at the bottom of my tree and I am 25 feet above him... he actually hung his bag on my ladder steps.... He got a flash light on the head and figured it out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu