opinions on this video..

Toua70

Feb 6, 2014
Downey, CA
Just curious to see what others think. I love hunting but this is a little extreme. Waste of meat and not very ethical. I know hogs are a huge problem but this is a little disturbing to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyQqJi1_DY&feature=youtu.be

Couple more things. Who is anyone to say that is unethical? Whats the background on this method? If its legal, it's only disturbing to those who don't understand it. Maybe that's a legitimate means of controlling them in that particular area.

Criticism without fully knowing anything exept for what is face value is no different than a lib criticizing hunting in general because they dont like how it looks.

Well ive still got to agree its a huge waste of meat. I would almost guarantee there are people within driving distance that would love to have that much meat. a few hunters could have taken out most of those big pigs with a few good shots and have meat on the table. Plus legal or not its out there for people to grab a hold of and use to put down legitimate hunters.

we as hunters also have a responsibility to put down animals as fast and humanly as possible. if you have ever been tossed in the air by an explosion or been any where near one, its not a fast death. shrapnel usually does not kill very fast if at all. it does leave bodys torn up, broken, and bleeding.

remember just because it is legal does not mean its ethical. its what ive always been taught and its whats in our California hunter safety book and coarse.

GPSman nailed it!
Just cuz it's legal don't make it right.
Just cuz it's illegal don't make it wrong. Just look at all the crap that's illegal in Kalifornia.
"Legal" is the worst argument to judge morality.
My 2 cents

If our livelihood relied upon ranching and farming I think our opinion on killing hogs would be different. How much money are these pigs costing this farmer each year and how many crops are not making it to those hungry people because these pigs are destroying them. Killing pigs in Texas is like shooting squirrel they are freaking everywhere and out of control. When it comes to your livelihood and bank account I say kill them any way you can. Shooting pigs in Texas really is t a big deal because there really is that many of them. They don't pay $1,000 to shoot one pig they go outside and 100 of them are destroying their crops and no matter how many they shoot they keep multiplying. Read below article.
http://m.southwestfarmpress.com/livestock/feral-hogs-root-acres-crop-and-pastureland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 29
If I was hunting for meat or sport I would kill one at a time. As most people would.
If I was a property owner trying to eliminate pigs off my property I would be trying to kill as many as possible. Ethics wouldn't be in play.
There are always more than one way to look at it.

I 100% agree on killing literally as many pigs hogs what ever as one can. i still stand by this is a little excessive and not what hunting should be seen as by the public.

I know not all agree with me but my personal opinion is hog/pigs, euro doves and yotes all need to go. However we need to still kill things with as little pain and suffering as possible and like i said an explosion is not it. the pig launched in to space may not have even died right away. Its also legal to shoot a deer in the leg and watch it suffer untill it finally dies doesnt mean we should.

we have lots of post about killing yotes with the best shot possible and putting them down with a fast fallow up shot if needed.

sorry if less suffering offends people.

This does not even depict hunting. They baited the pigs over to the Tannerite. Then they eliminated the pigs by shooting the Tannerite. While this will perpetuate the anti hunting community to be further outraged, it has nothing to do with hunting.

The video is bad news...

BTW: Tannerite is very fun!

X2... this isn't hunting, it's extermination. They didn't need to post the video to look like massive red necks, but to each their own. Probably shouldn't be laughing and hooting and hollering. I wouldn't be hanging out with them.

Go to TX then post your opinion........until you have walked in their shoes you don't know what your talking about.......nature rarely kills fast or ethical......

NBK said:
This does not even depict hunting. They baited the pigs over to the Tannerite. Then they eliminated the pigs by shooting the Tannerite.
... it has nothing to do with hunting.
X2. Im sure we all agree that this isn't hunting. Maybe it's a property owner trying to exterminate a pest. I'm not joining any race to judgment. It appears effective, and just because it's spectacular doesn't make it less humane than trapping and drowning, or poisoning, the vermin.

Cool video, but probably shouldn't be on the Internet lol.. And I thought I bbq'ed my game quickly after harvesting.. Wonder how it tasted?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu