Out Looking yesterday

dusty

Nov 9, 2012
Got a very late start yesterday, arrived around noon to an area I am familiar with and its legal to hunt. Only went in a few miles because it was warm out. Set up on a small ridge line and started glassing any shady areas. Saw two dogs out and about sniffing around about 500yds, almost took a crack at one but didn't want to spook the buck I was looking for. I waited for an hr or two and moved in another 300yds to overlook this ravine with oaktrees. Not more than 5 mins I spot movement, after anxiously waiting it turned into 2 does and a jr. Watched them for hr or so, while I could here a couple of bucks rattling their horns. Never got a good visual on them only saw movement and some dust picking up off the ground. The light wind that was swirling around kept me from abandoning my spot and moving in for a closer look. All in all it was great to be out. cant wait till this evening. Talked to another hunter when I got there and he took a shot at a big 4x4 yesterday am, I have never seen that buck up there, maybe tonight. I have been watching a nice 3x3, 3x2, and a fork in the area.
mail

Took this pic with my iphone and binos!!!!! just the does but cool nonetheless
mail

dusty said:
Got a very late start yesterday, arrived around noon to an area I am familiar with and its legal to hunt. Only went in a few miles because it was warm out. Set up on a small ridge line and started glassing any shady areas. Saw two dogs out and about sniffing around about 500yds, almost took a crack at one but didn't want to spook the buck I was looking for. I waited for an hr or two and moved in another 300yds to overlook this ravine with oaktrees. Not more than 5 mins I spot movement, after anxiously waiting it turned into 2 does and a jr. Watched them for hr or so, while I could here a couple of bucks rattling their horns. Never got a good visual on them only saw movement and some dust picking up off the ground. The light wind that was swirling around kept me from abandoning my spot and moving in for a closer look. All in all it was great to be out. cant wait till this evening. Talked to another hunter when I got there and he took a shot at a big 4x4 yesterday am, I have never seen that buck up there, maybe tonight. I have been watching a nice 3x3, 3x2, and a fork in the area.
mail

Took this pic with my iphone and binos!!!!! just the does but cool nonetheless
mail

Thanks for the report. I Am anxious for this week end. I tried get off work during & after the rain last week to hunt but work would not permit it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu