Party Tag on a Draw

8SteelTown

I'm shooting for a G13 tag this year. What I don't know is: if I have zero points and my father in law (Nevada resident) has zero points, would we both have to buy 1st deer tag point and G13 request our second tag? If I go solo, would I still have to purchase 1st tag as a point? Based off 2014 data, 300 tags, 270 of them had a point or more (30 picked at random). Looks like I have to have at least 1 point to get a much better chance. Thoughts?

Are you looking to get a point or draw a tag? If you want the tag just apply for g-13 with your first preference. If you dont draw you will get a point which would help you get it next year. Applying for a point and then second choice as g-13 will not help you in any way unless your trying to build points.

dano626 said:
Are you looking to get a point or draw a tag? If you want the tag just apply for g-13 with your first preference. If you dont draw you will get a point which would help you get it next year. Applying for a point and then second choice as g-13 will not help you in any way unless your trying to build points.

I want the tag.

It appears that 90% of the tags issued were to people with 1 or more points. It didn't say specifically that you could draw the tag with zero points. That's why I was thinking I would have to buy a point first. Hunting this year vs waiting till next year.

Ive drawn it with zero points. Its a roll of the dice. I think that with the D16 being premium last year anyone that had a point just went after the G13 instead of burning a point on D16 in the hope they could get a D16 OTC later on. I did notice that no one drew the tag that didnt have at least one point unless it was the random thirty tags. No one drew G13 as a second choice. If I was you I would just apply as first choice. If you dont get the tag you at least get a point for next year.

Put in for it as 1 choice cause you might be able to draw it, if you don't then you get a point for next year

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu