Picked up some reloading equipment

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

I check craigslist just about everyday, last week I ran into a lady having an estate sale with lots of hunting n fishing gear. I was really interested in all the items and even offered to buy the whole thing but she insisted on having the sale on Saturday and that day I was out of town :'(. I sent my cousin to check it out but he didn't come through and got there late so the house was ransacked by garage sale hunters.
On Sunday she called me and said she still had reloading equipment that they didn't sell because nobody had tools to remove them from benches :). I drove over to the house and walked into an 95% empty house, I went into the what she called his "hunting room" and saw the reloaders she was asking $60 for anything I wanted in that room. As I took the bolt off of the equipment I felt sad for this man, he was surely a very active sportsman and to see his room all trashed made me sick. I explained to the lady that the gear and random stuff/books I was taking was going to be honored in my home and a little of that man's hunting dreams would still live on with me. She was really happy to hear that and was now sorry that she didn't sell me the whole lot. Here are a few pics of the gear, something I know nothing of but I also got all the "how to" book he had. Thought I'd share this find / story since this probably happen once in a while, where a hunters gear/life gets sold for pennies. I have taken proper steps in having specific orders of what happens to my gear when I go. Any info on the equipment would be helpful guys. thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: Goyaałé
That is some old Reloading equipment. Looks like you have a single stage shotshell press & also a progressive shotshell press. Plus a lyman rifle/pistol press.

Rick,

Old stuff, but it still works for at least the shotgun loading (know nothing about rifle).....Just sold all my reloading gear not that long ago.....Just wasn't worth the effort for little to no savings.....Bet he had some cool stuff..... :(

That gear reminds me of my childhood. Nice find IV. It is all usable. The Lyman T turret is a great press.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu