Pig Hunt near King City with Outfitter Sam McGuire 1-2 March

Trigger

Nov 12, 2013
Heading out Friday to King City for a pig hunt with Outfitter Sam McGuire. Looks like rain is in the forecast. Hunting public land for pigs hasn't been great so we are going private. I will be using my new Sako A7 in .270. Will report back...

Good luck! Hope the rain doesn't hit you too hard. We need it, anyway.

Sent via Tapatalk

The pig hunt was awesome even though it rained all day Friday and most of the day we hunted Saturday. The outfitters were really surprised we showed up ... Outfittter partners Sam McGuire and Colby Williams with assitant Lane took us on four differnt ranches with varied terrain and difficulty. My friend harvested an old 180 lb+ boar in the morning. After lunch I harvested two 60-75 lb+ sows at 230 yds with my new Sako A7 in .270 (thanks John at Fine Firearms La mesa, CA). Guides were impressed with my marksmanship. At the very end of the day my friend harvested a 240 lb+ black boar that I have no suitable photos of. This team guided, field dressed and carried our pigs, then skinned and cooled them for the trip home. This was our first guided trip ever and it exceeeded my expectations. Thanks for a great hunt Williams-SMG Guide Service.

Trigger

Attachments

• Hunt guides business card.JPG
    Hunt guides business card.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 86
Outfitters at skinning station with our pigs.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 64

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu